Friday 4 April 2014

Final Beckenham Assembly League

My last assembly league.  I meet up with the rest of the club.  Marathon on Sunday and I still haven't decided how I am going to run tonight.

As I start off, I decide to push a bit as it's not feeling to bad.   I take lots of people on the hill.  I battle with Steve Brooks for a while before dropping him. 

Past the McDonalds, I see Martin ahead I start to close him, but then he slips away.  I take more runners up the hill.  Some try and fight back but I don't yield on the effort.

Towards the finish I see a runner I think I can take.  I go wide and then go over to the other side of the road to try and take her on the inside.  She suddenly veers that way and I only just squeeze through.

Perhaps because the pressure is off, I enjoyed the event.  Was a great social afterwards.

2.98 Miles 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment