Wednesday 7 December 2011

Back on the legs

It's been a little light on runs recently.  The 2.5 day hangover after the Christmas Party and the chesty cough coming back for more have not been conducive to running.  I was going to run at lunch time, but was way too busy as work.

This morning I manfully packed my running kit.  I didn't think I would run home because I thought it would rain.  It would appear that I was wrong as it is a cold, clear night.

I have my laptop bag(minus laptop) to run home with.  Not as comfortable or as tight as my favoured ruck sack but I'm not planning to go too hard.

I amble down to Cannon Street and get the train to Lewisham.   There I get back on it.  And it feels great. Not too fast mind you, but a nice solid pace.  At Downham I need a wee.  I make it to the park by the Millwall training ground and empty.  Phew!!!

My wife asked that I pick up some chocolate (probably to get over the kids)  so I stop in Shortlands.  I then complete the final push up to my house.

The lungs still feel a bit scarred from the cold and there was some cracking green and yellow phlegm but I   think I am finally on the mend.

8km 53:00 with a couple of stops

No comments:

Post a Comment