Saturday 10 December 2011

Gentle Park Run

I still have a chesty cough.  I had a few beers last night (probably the last Friday night before the detox in January)  So I decide to cruise today at Park Run.

I gently run.  And remarkably I don't try and run too hard.  I potter round.  It's a bit chilly down the back straight.  But it is quite pleasant focussing a little on form and not worrying about pushing.  I think if I had tried to push it, I would have been reduced to a coughing, spluttering mess.

I suspect the time is going to be bad.  In the last 200 metres I conjure up a sprint for a laugh and pick up 7 or 8 places.

At the finish, the time is truly terrible.  Which is fine, but even though I know I wasn't pushing, pains me.

Need to get to the end of the year and then shape up

5km 25:14

No comments:

Post a Comment