Thursday 20 March 2014

Last track session

It's my last track session.   And to my mind it is going to be an easy one.  10x400m with a 1 mile tempo warm up.

We do the warm up and then to business.  I believe I am fast twitch with a bloody mind.  So I can sprint.  I only do the distance running for the  bloody mind.  So most of the 400m I drive the pace at the front of my group.  A couple of intervals I relax and really bang them out.  1:23 and all that.

One lap we get to 300m, and I turn to the group and say, this will be a 1.27 lap.  (I currently have no watch)  We all dutifully cross the line at 1.27.  I have a feel for this now.

Then after toying with a couple of easy ones, it comes to my last ever lap of the track.  I go on the B of the Bang of the start.  Straight on my toes and drive.  With 200m to go I open up.   A couple of the faster groups at the finish notice me and start cheering me up.  Then I go all out.  A final bright spark on the final burn.  And then I finish.

Mike shouts the time of 1:12.  I tell him that I am finished and thanks for all his help over the last couple of years.  I think some people do not believe me, but I am done.  They ask me where that 1:12 lap came from, and the answer is that I am done.  That was my sign off

Intervals 1mile tempo 10x400m

No comments:

Post a Comment