Sunday 16 March 2014

Sunday night 2 hour

One more two hour run tonight, one more long run and then taper, then marathon, then done.  After a busy day at my son's 5th birthday I head out.

I run through Hayes and up towards Keston.  Then I start to get hungry not having had my dinner.  So I divert to the Keston Mark where I know there is a petrol station.  There I refuel.

I continue up towards Wilberforce but run out of pavement.  I turn and head back through Bromley Common.  I mess the timing up but suspect I need a little more distance.  I run up through Bromley and loop round past the magistrate court.

Recently I have been musing that my best marathon was run in barefoot shoes.  My racing flats still have a certain degree of padding.  I have been wondering if that is why my thighs ache.  I've decided to marathon in my Vivo barefoots.  I need to get some miles in them and tonight I have them on.  I think it definitely improves my form and raises my cadence.

12 Miles 2:00

No comments:

Post a Comment