Tuesday 10 May 2011

Lunchtime on the Embankment

It's the club AGM and they have moved the runs forward to 7:30pm, which is too tight for me to make. I decide a run at lunchtime to make up for the missed club run.

I originally planned to run across to the South Bank and then back across Tower Bridge. I get to Blackfriars Bridge and realise that I have probably come to far West for Tower Bridge. I instead run down and back across Charing Cross footbridge.

It is not until the last 10 minutes that I feel really comfortable. I always seem to be better as the distance gets on. There was some pain in the thigh, but it doesn't seem to hurt after the run and doesn't really impact the running other than being noticeable.

A beautiful day, and not too hot.

This route I have run fast and done it under 30 minutes. I use that as a benchmark of how fast I was running. Today 30 minutes on the dot.

5km 30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment