Thursday 28 June 2012

3 Bridges Relay

I'm with a good bunch of guys.  At the age of 36 I'm the young Whipper Snapper.  I'm running leg 2 of the 4 leg relay in the shadow of Big Ben.

Nick comes hammering back trying to hold of another run.  We slap hands and I am off, focussed.  But alas too fast, I start to suffer and ease off.  At the stairs by M16 I swing my arms and bound up the stairs, overtaking another competitor.  I catch a few more runners on the North side of the Thames.

In the last couple of hundred metres I manage to pickup a sprint and get a big cheer from the fellow runners.  Last year I had run two legs, the faster being 16:16.  This year I wanted to go sub 16.  I look at the watch, 15:54.  Happy with that, job done and so off to the pub.

3.68km 15:54


No comments:

Post a Comment