Wednesday 20 June 2012

Run home from Lewisham with a bad knee

After the intervals the other day, I had a sore knee.  A bruise like pain on the front.  Yesterday I cycled to work and back which seemed to irritate it rather.  Today I decided to take the day off.  Yet something made me take my running kit.  The funny thing was that my knee didn't like sitting.  That really made it angry.  So what is the opposite of sitting.....ermmm...hey....I know.....RUNNING!

Last night was the England game, so I am a little jaded.  I decide to take the Ladywell Park Route back from Lewisham.  And I struggle.  The weird thing is, that a couple of times I get ready to walk, a mysterious hand pushes me on.  I feel like quitting and walking, but I keep on.  Even through Beckenham Place Park and Railway Fields I keep running.

The pace is pretty poor, but it is good to be running.  The knee was fine whilst running.  There's still pain there, but maybe I'll run through this one

8.32km 52:40

No comments:

Post a Comment