Saturday 28 December 2013

3/4 of the way to Hayes and back

After a busy day dragging the kids around London I decide that a run would be good.  Usually I wait until they are in a bed, but I slip out in the hour after their dinner but before bed.  They are all slumped in front of the telly.

I head out towards Hayes.  This route can be hard.  Not sure why, but I manage to bat away some of the darker thoughts.  I need to get back to get the kids in bed so I set a limit of 20 minutes out and then back.  I reach half way down Bourne Vale before turning back.  I've been unfitter but there's definitely some tuning to be done.  It could partially be down to the cold I seem to have.  I'm also still digging for the same level of motivation I had for London last year.  The run was not fast but it was equally not "horrible".  A good in-between goal, ticking-over kind of affair.

As I get back I notice that I have run a pretty almost even split.

4 miles 39:28

No comments:

Post a Comment