Sunday 22 December 2013

Lovely 3 common circular walk-run

I had plans for something grander but a bit of a lie in and Christmas preparations to do, left me with less time.  So I jump in the car for some Hayes Common action.  I start off running and it feels fine.  I don't poke the pace to much but I'm not dawdling.  While I'm not fast at the moment I feel technically good.   Each foot steps seems to land in the right place.

Before long I am at the top of Keston and swinging back towards Coney Hall.  I love being on the common.  I was here with my daughters on a Wildlife walk last weekend.  I didn't even bring the phone to listen to music.  I just relax and engage with the surroundings.  I love this kind of running, but towards the business end of road marathon training this isn't necessarily the grinding-mileage that you need.  Still get the marathon out the way and then spend the next few years focussed on this kind of thing,

5miles 48:38

No comments:

Post a Comment