Saturday 13 August 2011

Another Barefoot park run, faster than I realised

Saturday, park run. Suddenly in the car I have the urge to ditch the shoes. So I run barefoot.

I always run more relaxed without shoes. I exert but do not push. I have a brief chat with Karen and Johnny on the way round. Johnny was meant to be jogging, but I see him get bored and zoom off.

At the finish I hold my place, needing just a gentle sprint to deter the runner behind.

At the finish I feel my time is so-so. Certainly much, much better than last week. When I get home I realise it is my 3rd fastest time ever. Since running my 21:50 in January, I seem to think that it is my time, and it is what I should be running. The truth is it was probably a black swan, an outlier.

Afterwards there is a lot of interest from fellow runners as to why I am running barefoot. My answer? I like the way it feels.

5km 22:39

No comments:

Post a Comment