Thursday 11 August 2011

Half the intervals

I've been listening to a marathon pod-cast recently. Not sure if it has inspired me, but I feel the urge to go and run intervals with the city running group Locketts Rockets.

I turn up and no one is there and I wonder if it is still happening. Eventually 3 others appear. Even the run to the canals is fast and I struggle to hold on.

When we get to the canals, it is 1 minute one way, rest for a minute and back for a minute. I am way slower than the other guys, but it is a good hard workout.

The problem is the time. I have an hour for lunch in reality. I leave half way through the 6 of 12 reps. Partly because I am knackered and partly because I need to get back. In the end I am away from my desk for an hour and a half; too long. The fastest guy there admitted that he is away from his desk for an hour and half.

To get faster I need to do some intervals. I think I will find a course nearby. Work out how fast I can run in a minute. Note that distance, and then run 10 of them. By having the known distance it will stop me slacking. The truth is though, I slack least when running with others.

A really good session today in a number of ways.

7k? Intervals 1:00:00 of running

No comments:

Post a Comment