Tuesday 16 August 2011

The run to work

I haven't told Mrs Squirrel yet but I am doing the beachy head marathon. Now being the proud father of three children finding the time to train is hard.

I like running to work, but this takes about 1 hour 40 minutes. The times at the start of the day and the end of the day are my quality time with the kids.

The other thing is that my work is moving to Canary Wharf. The journey to Canary Wharf from South London is horrible. Is there any way I can use my running skills....hmmm.

Talking with Larry at work, he gets the Underground half way to work and then runs the rest. I have realised that some thing similar may be possible for me.

Being a geek helps. So studying Google maps and train time tables I have realised I may have an opportunity.

I run to the station (5 mins) I then get a train to Nunhead (15 minutes and run from there(40 minutes). A fairly straight forward uneventful run, for a total journey time of 1 hour. I shower at work and am at my desk 1:10 later. The normal journey is about 55 minutes.

This worked pretty well. When we move to Canary Wharf the option may be to run to Lewisham and get the DLR to the Wharf.

7km 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment