Tuesday 23 October 2012

Back and running. Is the marathon still on?

It was all going well and then I came down with the cold.  Two days of work and lots and lots of coughing, spluttering and spitting.  Bad as it is, in the run up to the Marathon as well.

I've been trying to get back running to get a little sharpness back before the running, but I have still been too sick.  Finally tonight I think a return is on.  It's club night so I head to the running club.

I decide to take it easy with group 3.  Partly to avoid wearing myself out before the marathon and partly in case my cold got the better of me and I struggled.  I could probably cling on to group 3.

In the end it is a beautiful evening and its an easy run.   The leader knows what she is doing, runs a nice even pace, makes sure the group remains cohesive and communicates well.

I love running autumn and it is beautiful night.  I don't cough too much but there is a little splutter here and there.  Marathon Pace will be slower than this so I think I will be fine for Saturday.

At the finish I decide to open up and sprint.  I try and catch the guy in front.  He stops sprinting before I pass him.  One of other the guys I left behind in the group catches me at the finish.  He says
"You shot past me like a bullet!"
Well, it was a week and a half of pent up frustration!

8.32km 50:00

No comments:

Post a Comment