Saturday 6 October 2012

Last long,long run

It is 3 weeks to Beachy Head Marathon.  I need to do my last long run.  Get this in the bag and I know the Marathon will be fine.  There is a problem.  We have a wedding at lunchtime on the other side of London.  There's no way I'll be running on Sunday morning.

There's only one thing for it, so I get up at 5:00am.  It is raining and cold and dark.  I head for Keston Common.  My biggest concern is my IPhone getting wet.  My seal skinz socks keep my feet bone dry.  My Innovate trail shoes are comfortable to run in and would be fine if marathon day is sub-optimal.

I throw two laps of the 3 Commons Circular Walk in.  By the second lap it has stopped raining and the sun is up.  I am also running well.  Faster than last week and very comfortable.   I don't have time for another lap so I do the water-fountain to water-fountain run  (which is done partially over the 3 commons route)  On the way back I start following the circular walk and have correct to get back on track,

The slog up Pickhurst Lane is hard, but then it is fairly easy back home.

There where still need to be a long run or two but it's all downhill to the marathon from here, unlike the marathon which is lots of uphill...

3:20 27.5km

No comments:

Post a Comment