Tuesday 2 October 2012

A velvet pace

Despite the threatening rain I decide to go out with the club tonight.  My son is swiftly dispatched to bed and the hard decision is whether to wear a coat or not.

At the club James is taking group 5.  He gets massive round of applause from everyone.  The run, as with most, led by James is a delightfully smooth pace.  It is a big group of 40 or so people.  There's lots of people I know so plenty of opportunity to talk running with people.

The group stretches but always pulls back together.  Up one particularly steep hill a number of people slow down.  I see James off in the distance so I blast off after him.

I think it is the marathon training, but around 45 minutes is when I come into my best form now.  And it is like that tonight.  The group tears apart I and open up.  The last 400 metres I do on the balls of my feet and a top-end sprint.

10km 54:25

No comments:

Post a Comment