Tuesday 25 May 2010

Up and down but not hot and bothered

I have been looking for some shoes I can wear at work, but are minimal. The aqua shoes are too beach like for work. Normal shoes now repulse me with all their padding and heels. In the end I managed to find a pair with flat bottoms. £6 in Primark and they are basic; perfect! I can feel and work with my feet.

As I do my Tuesday night with PWR I think about my form. James Wong's group (group 4) pushes me nicely and at some points I have to cling on at the back.

Tonight Jerry(The Rotter) decides to push the pace. We run through Petts Wood, Chislehurst Common, Scadbury Park. At the top of the hill in Scadbury Park I spot my Mountain Bike Club out for a group ride. I shake hands with Sparky and he wants to stop and chat. But I know James does not stop, ever. If you see him walking, keep running before he starts running again. So I keep running.

Despite it being a hot day, it has nicely cooled and the countryside looks beautiful. As we near the end the peleton eases away, I finish in a group of one (within sight distance) and a couple of stragglers behind me.

What felt like a lively pace, the 10k was sone in 55 minutes, hardly race pace. The hills and bumpy ground possibly account for the perceived effort.

With aqua shoes at £4.99 and work shoes at £6 this investigation into Barefoot running could be saving me a fortune!

13km in 1hr15

No comments:

Post a Comment