Friday 12 November 2010

Back on the feet

I was right. My calve muscle did hurt. So this week I have not run at all. By today there's less pain. I always think I have been too cautious around injury so today I am going to run.

I think the aquas are a good call as running (nearly) barefoot has a massaging affect on the legs. Down to Blackfriars and along he Thameside Path. A couple of times I pick up the pace. Then I remember, that most of the week I have had pain in the muscle and best take it easy.

The hard thing with injury is knowing when you are better. Too soon and the injury reoccurs. But, until you recover there is a little pain. In the very act of injurying you focus on the muscle. And then you feel every little bit of pain. When I was 18 I got a pain in my Knee. I gave up serious excercise for a couple of years. I put on a lot of weight (Which I believe I still am recovering from now) In reality I still have that pain in my knee. But now I accept it. That's what my knee feels like. Its not warning pain, it's just my knee.

The run feels great. I still wonder if my calve is hurting or is this what it usually feels like? After the run I feel great and no leg pain. Later in the day it feels awkward, but not "pain".

Injury concern aside, a lovely run down the River Thames. A couple of times I catch my form in the glint of a shiny window and it looks good. Lot's of traffic light stops.

30:00 around 5km

No comments:

Post a Comment