Tuesday 16 November 2010

Club clumping

The calf muscle is a bit all over the place. But I like club night. My usual group are faster than I fancy and they are going to poke some intervals in.

Maybe I'll drop a group. Mark and group 3 sounds good. My leg doesn't feel right most of the run. I skulk at the back for a while. There is pain in my leg. One thing I do notice is that most of the run is downhill.

Oh, and I really need to pee. I consider dropping off. I know that usually I could drop off, wee for a minute and then catch up. But my leg feels bad and I am cruising. Suddenly we turn up St Paul's Wood Hill. Someone tries to run off the front. I like hills. I can't control myself and I ease through the gears and sit at the front. I'm thinking that a wee at the top while waiting for the slower runners could be an idea. St Pauls Wood Hill, is like a reverse ski slope. It gets steeper. My leg doesn't feel right and so I ease. At the top is a good group moment for a wee, but there are too many women around (doesn't feel right)

On the route to the finish I'd usually be going off the front, but the leg troubles me. I drift towards the back. I don't really know where the leg soreness has come from. But some rest is in order. Next day my ankle ligaments hurt. I wonder if I have been compensating for the calve and irritated the ankle ligaments.

In the end I managed to hold on till I get home and then really pee'd! Something I need to think about for my sub 4 hr marathon...

10km 58ish minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment