Wednesday 30 March 2011

Back and Running


A couple of evenings of muscle icing lay behind me. I was tempted to go out with the club last night but my wife talked me out of it, suggesting a little more rest.

Today I feel much better. Nothing in the Hamstring and not much wrong with the ankle. The problem with being injured is that you become hyper-sensitive to every ache and pain. Is the feeling in my ankle injury or usual ankle-random-weirdness which I would ignore?

At lunch time I run to St. Katharine's dock and back. I knew it would rain today but the further I get into the run, the heavier it gets. Still, it's good to be running.

It's hard to tell how much fitness I have lost with my time off. However the pace felt satisfactory. Hamstring is back to full fitness. Ankle has weirdness but it probably always has. I could run a marathon with it.

The sub 4-hour marathon is definitely back on. The thoughts are now to what running to do before the big day. I don't want to risk injury but I don't want to lose my edge. Hmmmmmm

5km 29mins

No comments:

Post a Comment