Saturday 12 March 2011

Park run jog

I'm doing the Spitfire 20-miler at Dunsfold tomorrow. I wasn't even planning to do this Park Run but in the end I couldn't resist.

I am disciplined and jog slowly. Eventually Karen from the club catches up to me. She is pace leading the 26 minutes group. Not sure I was even planning to run as fast as that. I end up chatting away to Karen about marathon training and the like. After a while her group starts to drop so she goes back to try and push them on.

I continue at a steady pace. I had decided to ditch the coat at the start and had been initially chilly but by the finish it is a lovely spring day.

In the final run-in I can't turn of my competitive instinct. I decide to sprint and catch a couple of the runners in front (much to their surprise)

A gentle jog on a glorious spring day. Once this marathon lark is out of the way I am determined to come back and give park run a really good crack.

25:15 5km

No comments:

Post a Comment