Tuesday 5 April 2011

Club Confidence

I think I've made it through the injury hell. It could be argued that I shouldn't run tonight. The thing is, my confidence needs building. I need to feel I am able to run once more.

I could have gone with group 2 or group 3 for an easier ride but I decide on group 4 to prove to myself I still have it. This will be 9 minute miles lead by James.

I start off sitting in the front chatting with James. I glean some good Marathon advice from Karen. I chat with Emma also doing the Brighton marathon and get her thoughts. Later I get some more advice from Phil and Sarah. One of the benefits of being a member of a club.

The legs feel a little tight and un-tuned but not too bad.

Towards the end, the runners at the front kick-up the pace. I could go with them but I let them go.

It's built my confidence. I am still able to run.

10.07km 55:43 5:31/km

No comments:

Post a Comment