Thursday 28 April 2011

Backward Blackfriars


The leg is feeling better, but I'm still feeling down. I feel at the bottom of the fitness mountain with a lot of climbing to do.

I decide a lunch time run could be good. I head out to do the North Thameside route backwards. I start of fast but I am still aware of the slight nagging in the thigh. I also still feel sluggish.

Still it is a beautiful day and I am still more runner than non-runner. As I think about the thigh, I notice other pains. Pains in the knee, pains in the calf. Maybe my thigh was like this before and I didn't notice? I decide that unless after the run I am in Chronic pain, to simply ignore it. I think some cycling would be good. Part of my frustration is the aches of pains, the rest my lack of fitness.

I pass through Blackfriars and Paternoster square and get back to the office. I head to the shower.

Then I feel good. Really good. The runners high kicks in. Something like, "Finishing the Marathon de Sable in world record time at the same point as someone mentions that you won the lottery and you finish 2.5 pints of a decent Fullers ale and a decent medium-rare rib-eye steak with crispy frites but fluffy potato centre followed by a tar-thick but sweet Espresso". Nice.

5km 29:29

No comments:

Post a Comment