Tuesday 26 April 2011

Melancholy


The marathon (and warm up races) have really taken it out of me. I feel sluggish and the leg still isn't fully recovered. I also feel overweight and out of shape.

Tonight I run with group 3 and even out of shape it's easy to hold the pace. We skirt around the edge of Chislehurst Common. It's too dark to be running offroad but it will soon be light enough. I can't wait.

My mood is down but I decide to power up Chislehurst Hill. The early season form seems a distant memory. I don't know whether it's rest or running I need. How I feel tomorrow will give me a clue.

51:12 8.67km

1 comment:

  1. Andy, at least you finished tonight, I skulked off with a stomach ache and got home just in time. I reckon it is just an accumulation of the miles you have been doing in training and possibly have a good feed up over the weekend. Have a few days rest and you will come out at the other end.

    ReplyDelete