Sunday 7 April 2013

Half Marathon ending not so well

I am tapering.  So I decide to go out and run 13.1 miles without being to hung up on it.  I skip the morning run as the baby is being an nightmare.  I move it to this evening.  So I tuck the kids up and head out down the A21.  On the way out, despite it being uphill I find it pretty easy.  I get to the run around point and its all good.

With about 3 or 4 miles to go I stop to get a drink.  I also buy a couple of very sugary sweet bars.  From there it seems to deteriorate.  I struggle to hold any sort of pace.  I know I shouldn't get hung up on it, but it's annoying.  It's mainly the legs that seemed tired.

Rest day tomorrow and maybe I'll take another one.

13.1 Miles 1:51:00  (With 10 minute refreshment stop)

No comments:

Post a Comment