Friday 9 August 2013

Levant Church

I'm aware I should be running as we'll as relaxing on holiday. I've been in the surf all day with the kids.  Tonight I head down the coast in the opposite way.

I blast through town and down towards Carbis Bay. The plan is to run 30 mins and 30 mins back. Hopefully before it gets too dark though I have my torch. 

After a while I see a sign to Leland Church.  it will take me past the half hour to make it there but I decide to push on. Up and down steep steps, through huge sand dunes and stretches of sands all the time the sea relentlessly roaring below me.  Eventually I reach the granite classically Cornish building but still with a gothic feel.  I turn and head back.

I see a Cornish looking gentleman walking his dog:
"nice easy run I said to my self"
I say to him.
"they haven't locked you all up yet then?"
(Implying that I am mad)

Later darkness sets in.  I turn thee torch on. I still manage a wrong turn and head down some steep steps. At the bottom, on the eastern jaw of the bay, is an old gun emplacement with a chair in the middle. I stop and admire before correcting my mistake. 

Soon I return to St. Ives.  I power up the hill back to the cottage. An amazing run.

8 miles 1:32:29

No comments:

Post a Comment