Thursday 1 August 2013

Hot intervals

It's the hottest day of the year.  32c or so. I've been in an air-conditioned office all day.  Tonight it is 1mile, 2x800, 4x400, 8x200.  I don't feel great but I get on and do it.

The aim is to run even splits.  This is helped if you have even rest breaks.  They are meant to be 90 seconds.  I time the breaks and try keep the rest of group from going to soon or taking too much rest.

After a while I'm in interval mode and crank them out.  The best bit is the 8x200.  We all take a turn leading.  Virtually everyone zooms off and finishes first when they lead and are being hunted down.

Then before I realise we have done the last one.  I feel like I could do some more, but it I feel fantastic.  I've run the splits pretty even.  One 400m I smashed and one 200m.  The rest I maintained my discipline.

A good session, where I could feel myself growing.

1mile, 2x800 (90sec rest), 4x400 (90sec rest), 8x200 (60sec rest)

No comments:

Post a Comment