Saturday 31 August 2013

Long run round historic Hartlepool

Another hard days drink the day before but I have an urge to run.  I decide to run to the lifeboat station I can see on the map.  I run there which involves going on a different beach.

I'm fascinated by the headland and the part of town over on the other side of the docks.  I don't know how far it is but I decide to run there.  There's lots of industrial heritage which I stop and look at.  In the old town I see a road that interests me, so I run up it.  At the top is a beautiful beach and a way to run round the headland.

It's lovely running by the sea.  There's also a heritage trail on my route through the town which I stop and examine.  I run for a bit and then stop to look at stuff.  It is this that probably allows me to easily run for that long.  Another truly wonderful run

1:19:55 8 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment