Sunday 29 April 2012

1 x 3 Commons Circular Walk

I get the kids in bed and head out to the country.  It's light but I have charged the light.  I set of on the 3 commons circular walk.  I have used the route on my marathon/ultra training though then I usually do 3 laps.

It has been raining all day but has stopped now.  There is lots of mud in the light it is easy to avoid.  I set off not feeling too bad.  I've been caning it a bit since the marathon so I am not expecting to be in great shape.  I have set up a load of new commitment contracts to get me back in shape.   I am quite happy with the pace.

At the Keston Car Park the dark gets too much so on comes the light.  Then it be comes harder to see the mud so I simply run through it.  The combination of the seal skinz socks and my innov8 running shoes is a great combo.  I was never sure on the shoe because the soles did not seem flexible enough.  But off-road in the mud that's not a problem.  Even on the road they do seem to have a strange spring-like feel to them.

I reach the high point and I'm still feeling good.  By now there are lots of green and yellow eyes peeking at me from the bushes.  The final bit down Pole Cat and back to the car I run even faster.

At the end I feel fantastic.  No music, just some time to run and reflect.  There is still some marathon fitness there.  Now I just need to sharpen it up for the 5km season.

8km 51:10

No comments:

Post a Comment