Thursday 12 April 2012

Beckenham Assembly League

Summer's on the way and the Assembly League races has commenced.  These are a series of race mostly around parks in South London of a distance usually less than 5km.  The standard is pretty high.

I have the marathon on Sunday in mind and so will be taking it easy.  There are some other people from the club there and it is good to catch up.

The race is soon under way.  I probably run faster than I should be.  Towards the finish I yield.  I have a strange pain and tightness like a stitch but on both sides of my rib cage.  Possibly I am not used to running such a fast pace with all my mileage training.  It is good however to start familiarising myself with pain.

At the finish I put in a sprint to make sure I am not overtaken.  I jab the watch and in front I can see that Jenny and Sabina have just finished.  I look at the time, for 5km it's not bad.  I soon realise that the course was not 5km (what did I expect?)

We all walk and jog back to the start.  I feel great for the run and it was definitely the right thing to do.

4.7km 22:06

No comments:

Post a Comment