Sunday 8 April 2012

Stale

As you can see I haven't run this week at all since the Reading Half.  This is not some ultra-strict taper strategy rather a bout of business combined with tiredness.

I have been meaning to to a little bit of gentle running for a couple of days.  Today I finally man-up and get out. It is Easter Sunday Morning and very quiet.  I head down to Bromley Park (cunningly in Shortlands) and bang out a couple of laps. 

Following the Reading Half marathon I have been making some adjustments to the Garmin to try and get the pace reading displaying something more useful.

I decide to run at marathon pace to try and lock that in for the big day.  Except I am struggling, in the end I relent and slow down.  At one point I stop for a bit.  I hope this is just rustyness.  I muddle round for a bit and then head home.  Feels good to be running again.

I think I need a couple of faster runs just to sharpen me up again.

5.2km 30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment