Wednesday 11 April 2012

The Last Leadenhall Loop in Shoes

This could be the last time I run the Leadenhall loop, the stalwart of my lunchtime runs.  In a couple of weeks I am off to Canary Wharf.  Sunday is the Marathon and I am racing tomorrow night.  Next week I probably will be recovering from the Marathon.

I hadn't planned to run today and had left my running shoes at home.  My locker is half empty ahead of the move and with no running shoes other than the aquas.  I haven't been running in this particular pair of aqua shoes as I kept stubbing my toe.  I can't risk anything like this ahead of the marathon.   However the thought of the last Leadenhall Loop inspires me.  I actually have barefoot work shoes which are really comfy with a thin flexible sole but a leather style upper.  They aren't great but I can get away with them at work.  Often I jog to the station in them and they are comfy.  I decide to run in these.

I set off, a little bit aware of my footwear and people looking at me.  The good thing is that this feel oh-so easy.  I'm deliberately taking it slow but I am flowing.  Down the River, up past the Tower of London and then back through Leadenhall Market.  I'm not in the mind to open up and it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

I really enjoyed this run.

5km 31:38

No comments:

Post a Comment