Thursday 5 July 2012

Battersea Park Assembly League 5km

I'm here with Steve from work.  It's a practice for the corporate challenge next week.  I meet the guys from the club.  The race starts and I battle my way through some slow starters.

Unusually for an assembly league match, there are 1km markers and it looks like it will be 5km.  I set myself into a good pace.  I pass through 3 particularly attractive young ladies, but there is a race to be run so I push on.

At a later point  get into a battle with another lady runner.  We jostle for a bit and then she edges ahead.  But I summon up some strength and knock her back.  In the last 400m I work up a sprint and she is gone.  I set my sight on the lady runner ahead.  I do all I can to reel her in but she escapes.

The final time is disappointing, but I'm happy for giving it a good go.

5km 22:07

No comments:

Post a Comment