Friday 20 July 2012

Inaugural Cat and Canary

The 5 miles Hare and Hounds time trial has been moved to Canary Wharf and renamed "The Cat and Canary".  I had run the course the other day.  Today was to be the real thing.  I had decided to have a week off running before embarking on the training for the Beachy Head Marathon in October.  This run had come before that week off was over but I decided to run it any way.

From the start I do not feel particularly fast and perhaps a little sluggish.  This doesn't  stop me going off too fast.  Even before I reach the pond at the half way point I am slowing down.  Coming back on the canal I am being passed.  The final set of stairs a little way before the finishing points kill me off.  Fortunately it also kills those around me off as well.

At the finish lots of people had gone wrong but I'm sure they'll know for next time

8km 38:08

No comments:

Post a Comment