Friday 13 July 2012

Trial of the Hare and Hounds route

Martin the club captain sent a mail out saying that he was going to run the new Canary Wharf Hare and Hounds route to try it out.  I asked him how fast he would run it (nice and easy, 7 or 8 minute miles)

I turn up and there are four of us.  Martin and Paul were beering-it with me last night and Rik.  All considerably faster than me.  We run down to the canal.  I hold on at the back.  We see the barges and the canal life.  We run past the chimney that Steve and me had run to the other day.

We do a loop of the pond and head back.  I'm now really battling to hold on, but I keep going.  We stop at the start/finish and it looks like the route is set.

Back at the changing rooms, I point out that it was a gentle jog for the other three and a tempo run for me!

9.6km 52:00

No comments:

Post a Comment