Friday 13 July 2012

Not so Great City Run

About 6 O'clock the rain storm came through.  Our company has a building about 10cm from the start area. The problem is that I need to queue up to get to the front of my pen.  I man-up, go out in to the rain and get at the front of my pen.

Unlike the impeccable organisation at the Corporate Challenge the start is messy.  The pens aren't separated and they do not go off in waves.  

I had to many beers last night so it's not going to be a great time.  After 100m the race comes to a halt and then off again.  It's running in a crowd.  Around the corners everyone slows down.  There aren't km markers.  The halfway point is marked.  I look at my split 11:32.  This disheartens me but I keep going (forced to slow down for the corners)

I see an attractive female runner in front.  I try and catch up but she keeps edging away.  I then decide to ensure I finish ahead of her.  I move up to a sprint and she is dispatched.

The final time is not great.  The after-party in a local pub is fantastic.

22:34 

No comments:

Post a Comment