Saturday 29 December 2012

Back to Park Run

It's been a while since I park-runned.  I suggested my wife did it, but she bottled it due to the mud.  And she was probably right.  I think about going barefoot but in the end I wear the Evo-Skins.

I see some familiar faces at the start.  And it is muddy.  Compared to Thursday night it is not too bad.  A number of people gingerly tip toe round the puddles.  I plough through them.  We come to a particularly muddy section, I pump my arms and plough through.

Down the back straight it is to hard to run on the stony path so I run on the grass.  I almost slip over, but pull it back.  I then run with a little more concentration.    There is no way the time is going to be decent, but in the finish I pull back a couple of places.

The final time was one of the worst I have run but given the muddy conditions and gusty winds it is no surprise.  I would be interested to know what my straight-up 5km time is though, just to make sure I am on track.

5km 24:57

No comments:

Post a Comment