Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Years Park Run

It's at 10:00 today, and despite it being New Years day I'm not to hungover.  I equip my feet with full mud kit though (Trail Shoes and Waterproof Socks)

There's plenty of people from the club here.  I set off at a decent pace ploughing through mud and puddle alike.  After the first 1.5km, I'm even keeping up with Rob and Jenny.  This is clearly a mistake.  Another km or so and I start to struggle.  I feel tired.  I keep going but at a slower pace.  I remind myself that this is a New Years trot.

At the finish I put in a sprint and move up a couple of places.  The time is still more than 20 seconds slower than last time and it probably wasn't as muddy.

Later I look at everyone else's times from the winner downwards.  And to be honest, everyone had lost about the same percentage from their expected time so it's not to bad.

5km 25:20

No comments:

Post a Comment