Tuesday 8 January 2013

Tempo run rescued by Paul

The best way for me to do a tempo run is to go out with a fast group with the club.  My wife is out running with the club tonight, so I decide to do a tempo run on the way home from Lewisham.  The trouble is that I find it hard to push myself when I run on my own.

At lunchtime I had bumped into Paul in the changing room.  He said he'd run back with me, living reasonably close by.  Paul is a lot faster than me.

We meet up and get the DLR to Lewisham.  With two of us we can run down the river route which may be a little bit risky along when it is dark.  Despite Paul having a hard lunch run with Ben (faster than Paul) he still is well within his limit.  For me it is the perfectly paced tempo run.

Paul splits off at his flat at Beckenham.  I still have about 1.5km to run.  I worry that the pace may slip, but it doesn't.  I keep the pace up and it is a complete tempo run.  We went a slightly longer way round.  On the final straight I look at my watch but the battery has gone flat so I don't know the exact time.

8.5km 48:00

No comments:

Post a Comment