Thursday 10 January 2013

First ever Track Intervals

I have never run intervals on the track before. Tonight is the opportunity with my club. I tun up and run some gentle warm up laps with Rob. We then do some warm up aerobics.

The session consists of 1200 metres and marathon pace. Then 4 x 800m with 200m jog recovery. I run in a group including Rob, Rob, Mark and Jenny. All of them maybe a minute quicker than me over 5km. At the start they put 20m on me but for the other 600m on each of the laps I manage to hang on.  I feel that I had run at a more consistent pace through each interval.

There's a great social atmosphere but everyone works hard. Running on the track under the bright lights feels great. I always find that I feel good after a long run but fantastic after short bursts of high intensity.  

A really good session that just feels like it did me good.

Intervals 1200m at marathon pace followed by 4 x 800 with 200m jog recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment