Sunday 13 January 2013

Berry's Green Circular Walk without recourse to a map

I get up at 7 and drive to Cudham.  I have an urge to run the Berry's Green circular walk again to try and burn the route into my memory.

It is dark when I set off but with minutes it is light and I no longer need my head light.  Around Downe I see a couple of bambi-style deer run across in front of me.  It's about as muddy as it was last week.

All the time I am pretty sure I am on route.  On the North Downs Way I have to stop and take in the beauty of the view over Westerham and Kent.

I'm soon back at the car and have not looked at the map once.   I think I have the route in my head now.  If I run it a couple of times a year it should stay set.   I do not see another single person the whole time other than when I get back to the car park and there are some older walkers.

A great run.  Technically a little bit less in distance and time than the long run I was planning but the hills, oh! the killer hills!

12.6km 1:37:43

No comments:

Post a Comment