Thursday 24 January 2013

Late night intervals

The club track session has been cancelled due to the snow.  I still have my schedule.  I consider running down a long straight road in repeats.  I notice a lack of snow and decide to go and see what the local park was like.  Not to bad so I decide to run my repeats there.  I suspect it is around 6 or 7 hundred metres around the flat park.  I have previously measured it so know it not an exact 400 or 800 which would be a little bit too perfect.  I decide to run 6 laps with one minute recovery in between.

It is a bit snowy in places.   The good thing about the snow is that it lightens things up as it can be a bit dark and I don't want to get beaten up by the local youths.

It's harder to push myself without fellow runners but I give it a good go and at the end of the session I feel like I have given it a good go.

Before writing this post I measure it using gmaps pedometer and I reckon it is about 700m.  It not being 400m or 800m is not a problem as long as I run it consistently.  In reality 400 or 800m is purely arbitary.

6 x 700m with 1 min recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment