Friday 4 January 2013

Hills on a Friday Evening

In my training schedule I have set aside Friday evening for a Hill Rep Session.  It's a struggle to get the kids in bed.  I have to go and buy dinner first.  In the end I don't get out until after 9:00pm.  I am a bit grumbly about it all.

Still not to worry, I'm not going far.   I run for 20 metres before reaching my hill.  There is a fantastic hill right next to my house which leads up to the church.  Nice and steep but not too short or too long.

I spend the next half an hour powering up (in around a minute) before jogging back down (around a couple of minutes)  Towards the end my form starts to really get good and I am not landing on my heels.

Hills are always tough, but I could feel this session growing me and somewhere and on some level I think I enjoyed it.

5km Hill Reps 30mins

No comments:

Post a Comment