Saturday 26 January 2013

Park run cancelled, so more hill repeats

My wife wimps out of park run.  I was going to run Hilly Fields and then remembered that there was the Lewisham Hospital Protest.  I decide against Bromley because of the mud.  I decide that Crystal Palace with its gravel tracks could be perfect.

I get to Crystal Palace and the first thing I notice is the sheet ice on all the paths.  Surely they will call it off?  Right up until the last minute it seems to be going ahead.  Then at the last minute they call it off because of the ice.

The main Victorian Promenade up from the Car Park to the Sports Centre is not too bad.  So while some hardy soles run a private Park Run, I run hill repeats up the hill.  It takes about a minute to get to the top and then I jog back down.

Because I am sprinting I overtake the "unofficial" leader of the die-hards running the Park Run course.  Soon I am done.  Perhaps crazy to run back to back hill sessions, but better to not have wasted the outing.

Hills of 1 minute for 32 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment