Thursday 31 January 2013

Saving for a rainy day

I was meant to be doing a tempo run yesterday but I had a sore ankle and was feeling tired.  I have been wearing compression socks all last night and today and it has sorted the ankle out.  I decide to try it out with a gentle-as-can be trot.  I mistakenly leave my trainers at my desk.  I have a pair of aquas in my locker so I wear them.  They are probably good for revitalising the legs.

As I am about to leave I see rain outside.  Another runner comes in and says to me:
"You don't want to go out there, its hammering it down"
Too late, I am going for a run.

I have often wondered if there is a route I can run (or an interval session) I can do out the rain.  I gently jog round the DLR station but there's not enough room.  I run outside our building.  There is a lady running intervals.  Then the rain stops.  It is like April as the sun comes out.  So I head further afield.

I loop round the estate and back.  I never really find a good wet weather route.  The ankle is fine but I feel tired.  Don't know how tonight's interval session will go

4km 23:30

No comments:

Post a Comment