Saturday 12 January 2013

Not as muddy parkrun

My wife bails out of Park Run because of the expected mud.  I put on protective gear (water proof socks and trail shoes) Given the miles this week I'm not expecting anything great but I just want to run it "hard".

I run diligently and the mud is not as bad as I expected.  About 1.5km I pass Rob and Jenny who I spent most of Thursday night lagging behind on the intervals, it looks like they are taking it easy.  I keep pushing on.

A girl only a little bit older than my girl, perhaps 7 or 8 flows past me.

In the final straight I feel tired.  I still manage to get into a last push with about 6 other people.  I then get into a sprint with another guy and just manage to hold him off with a good effort.

I'm quite pleased with the time. Allowing a minute for the mud and the amount of mileage this week, then I seem to be getting back into Park Run Shape.

5km 23:58

No comments:

Post a Comment