Saturday 16 October 2010

Autumn Park Run

I've been sick and very stressed and busy at work. You can see how much I have been running. I missed the hare and hounds yesterday as I was working from home.

My daughters ballet classes fall at a kinder time now days so I can Park Run most weeks.

It feels great to be running again. Most people are wrapped up against the cold but I am just in my running vest. I have my knee length socks though.

First lap is enjoyable. I have a ding-dong battle with a Bromley Veteran's Runner.

Second lap is still good, the hill up to the far car park is a struggle but I hold with it. Now the vet edges away. On the final straight, a female fellow PWRer zooms past. I speed up but she has me beaten. I push all the way to the line.

At the finish I wonder how the time will be. I have not run much the last couple of weeks. But I did feel fast. Though recently perceived effort has given no clue to the time.

In the end I was 2 seconds outside my PB on a wet and slightly boggy course. Maybe an accidental taper had helped. I believe your weight lags your healthy eating. Your weight now reflects how you were eating a month (or more) ago. Maybe next month my time will not be so clever.

At some points I really did feel I was running well.

5km 23:01

No comments:

Post a Comment