Monday 18 October 2010

Lunch time with Larry and Paul

Larry has recently joined my team at work. We've been planning to go running together for months but things have always conspired against us. Today we are resolute.

I suggest the Wapping Canals down to Tobacco Dock. This is usually my bad mood run, but today I just fancy a change. As we come past Standard Chartered, we spot Paul Savage. He asks where we are going, and decides to join us.

The pace is fast, rudely interrupted by the strangely heavy pedestrian traffic. We make tobacco dock after 20 minutes. We turn to head back. But now I feel the pace start to slow and I start to labour. Down London Wall Paul peels off. Larry keeps pushing the pace all the way to the finish. Once again we have to dance and skip through the Suits out seeking sandwiches.

At the finish I look at the watch. We had run the return leg a minute and half faster. It completely did not feel like that. Larry and me ponder it for a while and in the end accept it for what it is.

38"30 7ish km

No comments:

Post a Comment