Saturday 23 October 2010

Windy Park Run in "Running Shoes"


I'm still in a beer induced state of happiness when I can hear the rain thundering outside, early morning. I've checked the weather and it should stop by park run but it will be wet.

I'm reluctant to wear my Asics Pirahnas as, to be honest, I love them so much I don't want to get them muddy. In the end I go for my light weight "running shoes". When I bought these, the guy in the shop was reluctant to sell them to me in case I injured myself. Now days they feel horrible and clunky.

Before the race, I check out the course and it's not too muddy. The race starts, and I sense it's not going to be a stellar time. On the straight by the "cinder path" (as Martin romantically calls the gravel road) I can feel the wind and it's very strong.

On the second lap, the chap in front of me cuts the corner.
"Cheat!"
I shout out.

I keep going to the end and look at my time. Just over 24:00. A minute slower than last week. The question is, was the wind, the shoes, the muddy course, the hard week or the previous night's beer? Knowing that I had run 23:02 the previous week, I'm not so concerned. Really didn't enjoy the shoes though

5km 24"02

No comments:

Post a Comment