Tuesday 26 October 2010

I love Autumn


I love Autumn. The slight coolness, the smell of the leaves. Everyone else turns up dressed for a Siberian Winter at the running club. I'm in a t-shirt. The car says 10.5 degrees C. It's going to get a lot colder people!

Richard is taking group one, so tonight James W leads group 4. 8.5 - 9 minute miles doing around 6 miles.

We run off heading for the A21. I talk for a while with Jerry. He has entered some crazy 145 mile race in under 45 hours (not stopping for more than 40 minutes apparently) The idea of ultra-running fascinates me, but I just don't have time for it in my life. I'm wondering where I am going to find the time to Marathon Train.

As we run along the A21 we pass the bus garage. My one year old would be going crazy now. He loves a good bus, and to see the place where the buses live! Wow!

The hill up to Locksbottom is tough, and Jerry pushes the pace. It's a relief to reach the top.

As we get to the couple of km to go point Jerry pushes off the front. With 1km to go I decide to catch him. I finish with a sprint over the finish feeling great.

It was a beautiful autumn night. It may have even be better if it was a little colder. Everyone else looks hot and sweaty and uncomfortable in their running kit. I feel hot and I'm just in a t-shirt.

10.68km 59:00 5:30/KM pace

No comments:

Post a Comment